Monday, December 20, 2010

Rudolph's Revenge

My sister-in-law, Lorie, thought it sounded fun to do a 5k race. In December. I always have a hard time with peer pressure, especially when it sounds like a party, so I cautiously agreed. It was 34 degrees outside when I left my house Saturday morning.
All the runners attached nifty trackers to their shoes so that the race officials could keep track of us and our times. I think it's a good system, especially since the course went past a bakery. Left to my own devices, I could see myself getting side tracked. Hot cocoa...mmmm.

We weren't quite first, but we weren't quite last either. And since I forgot it was a race and had a great time chatting away to Lorie, I almost forgot I'd voluntarily gotten out of bed on a freezing Saturday morning in order to exercise. Stranger things have happened, although perhaps not many!

3 comments:

  1. look at you running 5k's! i'm so impressed. wish i'd been there to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are AMAZING!!! I am so impressed. WOW! With all that running you can totally go to the bakery guilt free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 34 degrees sounds like a summers day to me right now:)

    ReplyDelete