Saturday, December 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

I'm going to do a little catch up over the next few weeks since it appears the fall got away from me. Here are our long overdue Halloween pictures. I have to add that I decided to wear my wedding dress and be Dracula's Bride BEFORE I tried my wedding dress on, naively assuming it would just slide on and fit like a glove. So, I spent all evening getting the girls ready for our church Halloween party and then with five minutes to spare hurried to put my own costume on.

And it wouldn't zip up in the back. Maybe having three kids does change a girl's figure after all. Oopps!

Within minutes I had both Madeleine and Katherine standing on my bed trying to force the zipper up. My hair was a total mess underneath the wig and I'd already applied some lovely black eye shadow...so it wasn't like I could just scrap the costume idea and show up at our ward party looking like I'd been attacked by wolves on the way there. Jeremy was late getting home from work and Madeleine took the phone into the other room to call him and let him know that, "Mom's costume doesn't fit and she is about to cry."

We finally figured out a way to zip the dress, but I'll spare you the personal details. Let's just say that when a dress is that tight who needs alternative support? And who cares if I couldn't raise my arms more than an inch all night? So note to self: Try on Halloween costumes IN ADVANCE!


1 comment:

  1. Funny stuff! I wouldn't dare try on my wedding dress right now, but once when I was feeling skinny I did try on an old prom dress. It wasn't pretty...or a big confidence boost. But I did do it up. Your costumes look awesome.

    ReplyDelete