Sunday, February 26, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 was our very first Christmas at home with no visitors. At first we were worried it would feel lonely, but we found plenty to keep us busy. We went up into the mountains for a night with friends, we went to see "Arthur Christmas" on Christmas Eve, and we had more friends over for dinner on Christmas Day.


Katherine got legos! I'm not sure who was happier, Kate or Jer!
It warms my heart to see my child excited about receiving books.
You can't beat Dora the Explorer panties.
In the background Katherine is holding up a last minute add-on from Santa Claus called a Happy Napper. I like to call it a total waste of money, but she told everyone Santa was bringing her a Happy Napper so what's a parent to do?
And the winning gift is....chapstick. Elisabeth can't get enough.
Their big Santa gift was a six foot trampoline that Santa set up in the basement. Hopefully no one jumps high enough to hit the ceiling:) By the way, we always give our girls new pajamas on Christmas Eve. I picked out the material and my friend Jenn sewed these vintage nightgowns. I love them so much. When I'm old and wrinkled I think I'll fondly remember the years of having three little girls in long, flowing nightgowns.

Jeremy and I were asked to narrate the ward Christmas program on Sunday morning. It was a Herculean feat to open presents, eat breakfast, and then get three little girls (and myself) ready for church by 8:30am! Let's never do that one again!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. What a great family Christmas. I also love the long flowing nightgowns and have put in a request for my very capable mother-in-law to see what she can do to copy. :) Thanks for the great idea, again.

    ReplyDelete