Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick

We have a sick girl at our house today and I didn't get enough sleep last night. Not the best combination. I set out breakfast and then retreated upstairs to lie down. I left my door open so I could "supervise" and within two minutes I could hear a tussle. That's code for Katherine disciplining a screaming Elisabeth. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to find my happy place until Katherine dragged Elisabeth upstairs and locked her in my bedroom with me. That's one way to get rid of the two year old menace. I re-opened my door and set Elisabeth free, and stayed in bed for another twenty minutes. When I came downstairs to settle the next tussle, I found furniture knocked over.
Applesauce all over the table and dripping down onto a chair where Elisabeth stood systematically licking it off with her index finger.


And a half-eaten apple core on the carpet, among the other messes. I wish I could have called in sick today.


But at least one person is happy. She screamed for fifteen minutes until we realized she was asking us to put her shoes on. We found shoes, strapped them to her feet, and that is all it took. When you're two it's the little things that count. When you're a mom, it's sleep!







No comments:

Post a Comment