Friday, October 12, 2012

Camping

We decided to go camping with my brother David's family. This idea was inspired by our desire to show our three Glidewell nephews, who were visiting us in Denver for 3 weeks, a good time. The not so inspired part of this idea was that we were camping during the fire ban (half of Colorado and Utah was burning from wildfires) therefore making it difficult to cook s'mores and stay up late talking. These photos represent my last weekend of freedom before bed rest began. So, maybe camping wasn't the best idea. But we had a blast!
The ladies are chillin'

My job was to supervise everyone else from the comfort of a camping chair. Since I was feeling a lot of suspicious contractions, I was happy to magnify this role!

Truly, Jeremy was born in the wrong century. Sometimes I believe he wishes we lived in a tent instead of a house. The ultimate boy scout, he is totally in his element!

Not everyone was so enthusiastic about setting up camp.

I love Tiernan's smile!

Cousins!

And sometimes cousins can be creepy!

We stopped at the Buffalo Bill museum on the way home.

After sleeping in a tent and eating three bags of marshmallows, Elisabeth had HAD it!

We brought our own wild to this wild west museum.

I can't get enough of this girl's smile!

I took this photo on a whim and it's become one of my favorite visual descriptions of Madeleine's personality. Everyone else is running around the campsite and there she is, writing in her journal and making notes about the camping trip. My heart feels such a loving connection to my "school nerd" daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment